Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Shortly after moving to Lafayette, we bought a season pass to the zoo. We go all the time and the kids love it! It is nice to go and not feel like we have to stay all day to get our money's worth. $60.00 well spent.
A picture of all of us by the petting zoo. Sorry about the clashingness and non-coordinatingness of the outfits. Not a planned family picture. How embarrassing. Courtney Price would be outraged!

Foster wrastles his first gator. Obviously, we were standing on the wrong side of the enclosure to get a picture of his face. When asked how it felt to stare death in the face, Foster replied "I felt ready."
Ella stares death in the face in her own special way. She was not too impressed with the overly friendly goats in the petting zoo.
This picture was not taken at the zoo but it is still blog-worthy. Pretty impressive that the world's largest boot decided to visit the fine city of Lafayette. You should've seen the guy they belonged too!

You gotta love the sister, matchy-match dresses! I'll enjoy it while it lasts and they don't have a say!

11 comments:

Lydia said...

Cute family picture! Has Maya always had glasses? Your kids are getting so big! Will Ella be having a big birthday bash? :o) I don't even know what to get Charlotte-it seems we have everything already...

Lydia said...

PS-The dresses are very cute!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Maya looks stunning in her glasses. And Foster seems to have something going on with Alligators ~ this time it's a real one. Great family pic too despite the non-matching colors. That's what B & W or sepia is for.

Tyler said...

I'm confused... You wet yourself if a dog comes within 10 feet, but if Foster wants to jump on top of the gator, no big deal? I want to hear the actual story. How you were not paying attention and Jon let Foster go up on the gator. Upon seeing Foster close to the gator, you did the only thing you could think of and passed out. I understand now why you are in Utah for 2 weeks before letting Jon come out...he needs time for the wounds to heal that you inflicted upon him after he let Foster get on the Gator.

Jenni said...

The pictures are cute. However, you are supposed to inform us all when something important happens - like Maya getting glasses. That is definitely blog worthy with a picture to go along with it. The glasses are cute. How did Maya end up needing glasses with two parents with good eyes? Bad luck. It is great having you at your Mom's house. We get to hear much more often from you in the blog world. Your Mom must have a better computer than you do - less frustrating to use. Can't wait to see you! Kolby and Addie are asking every day if this is the day they get to see Maya and Foster.

JenM. said...

Maya got glasses about a couple of months ago. I agree that this is a blog-worthy event, but, unfortunately, I am very lazy. The eye doctor said she really should've been in glasses at least two years ago and he hopes we can correct the problem... whoops! He is hopeful that her eyesight will be corrected and that around puberty, she will no longer need the specs. (I had a simliar experience with glasses)
The alligator: In my defense, alligators absolutely DO NOT have fleas which carry terrible diseases (dogs do!) Also, we got a free picture with Foster holding a baby alligator (normally you have to pay 5.00). Yeah, it was a little risky, but I think it paid off in the end. We got a sweet picture of Foster's back on an alligator, right?

Unknown said...

I am HORRIFIED!

:) Your hair has major body down there Jennifer! That's awesome!

I hate dogs! I would wet myself too! I love that Foster was ready to face death :)

Tell Maya that Hailey has glasses now too... similar situation for her too!

JenM. said...

Yes, after gazing at that picture, I too concluded that my hair was exceptionally huge. You will be gratified to know that, just yesterday, I visited the salon for the sole purpose of thinning-out the bouffant hair. Problem solved.

Unknown said...

Big hair is my DREAM and I'm not even joking... I LOVE big hair! And I never get it... especially not around here!

Kay said...

I miss your family! Cute pictures!

Kay said...

VanderVeens need to be on the Miller list! I'm always checking out your cute kids growing up! Precious!