Monday, December 8, 2008

7 Things

I have made it my new old-year's resolution to do better at blogging. As Jon posted our one and only contribution about a month ago, I will have doubled our posts with this one! Yay for lofty goals!
So I was tagged forever ago to post seven random things about myself. As I am a very random person, this will be very easy for me.
1) Decorating. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I obsess and plan and plot and do and start all over again. It is all-consuming for me. I so wish that I would've done design school instead of something so non-useful and boring and completely impractical as stinky old nursing school! I recently converted our playroom into Ella's room. Don't tell Jon, but the real reason behind the change was not that Ella wasn't letting Maya get to sleep at night and that Maya was waking Ella up way too early in the morning, but that I just really wanted to do a room like this:
I am not quite finished, but I am really liking how it is coming together so far.
2) Monogramming. I think it is the coolest thing ever! I love that I can take super cheap hand towels and for 5.00 turn them into something really custom. The kids' bathroom is the "M" bathroom and how cool is it that they can wash their hands and work on their alphabet? (Okay, so Maya and Foster pretty much have had their ABC's down since way before the time lapsed since my second to last post, but I love the concept, anyway.)

I dont' know if monogramming is as big in other areas of the country or if it is a southern thing, but it is big business around here. (Obviously, anyone that loves Pottery Barn loves monogramming though, right?)
3) Soap Dispensers. Janitors install them, school children use them, and who doesn't love them? I think that soap dispensers that go on the wall are so great and definitely far superior than their counter-sitting cousins.












2 comments:

vicki said...

LOVE decorating...LOVE monogramming....don't know how I feel about the dispensers...hmmmm. Your decorating style is fab-o and definitely "me". Great job!

JenM. said...

One day I fished a waterlogged shampoo bottle out of the tub and said "this has got to stop." Went to Target, bought said dispenser, and my life will never be the same.